Societe Generale Securities Services
Societe Generale Securities Services is the company of Societe Generale Group specialized in the Securities Services.
SGSS has been present in Italy since September 2006 through a dedicated bank, firstly with the brand 2S Banca S.p.A. (born in January of the same year as a result of a spin-off of the UniCredit Group), and then as SGSS S.p.A. in January 2008.
Rankings, ratings and certifications
- For the 2nd consecutive year, SGSS S.p.A. has been awarded "Depositary Bank of the Year" in Italy during the Pensioni & Welfare Italia Awards 2016 promoted by European Pensions magazine. The 2016 edition of the Pensioni & Welfare Italia Awards, at their second occurance, has widened its field of action to promote the excellence both in the pension industry and in the insurance one.
- In the Global Custodian “Agent Banks in Major Markets” survey 2016, SGSS Italy has achieved "Top Local Scores" in 3 categories: Asset servicing, Ancillary Services and Value Delivered.
- In the Custody Risk European Awards 2015, SGSS S.p.A. was awarded as "Custodian of the Year for 2015".
The Custody Risk European Awards are recognized as the most prestigious in the securities services industry and identify the best companies in custody, fund administration and technology.
- In the "Fund Accounting and Administration Services Survey 2015", SGSS S.p.A. is the only Italian Bank which qualified for a rate.
- For 2016, through controls carried out by the external auditors Ernst & Young, SGSS S.p.A. has obtained ISAE 3402 TYPE II certification (International Standard on Assurance Engagement) for the compliance and efficiency of its internal control procedures for its Custody, Settlement, Depositary Bank, Local Paying Agent, Fund Administration services as well as for its Securities Data Management and Product Financial Solutions.
- The specialist in rating for custody and risk management judged the quality of SGSS S.p.A. services with rating A, which means a “Strong” capability of providing custody services.
SGSS S.p.A. is the first and only specialized bank in Italy to be analyzed by Thomas Murray concerning its custody and settlement services. (May 2013 Audit)
More than a partnership: a genuine team!
Our ambition is to be the reference partner in our main markets, recognised for our service quality and competitiveness, agile solutions and international network coverage.
We build long-lasting, collaborative relationships with our clients to help them go further in their development. In today’s constantly evolving and complex world, we strive to provide our clients with increasingly efficient and reliable securities services on a daily basis to ensure they get ahead.
Our clients are institutional investors (insurance companies, pension funds, governmental organisations and international organisations), asset managers, financial intermediaries (brokers, investments banks, private banks, commercial banks) and corporates.
Established in 27 locations worldwide with 4,000 employees, SGSS provides a full range of securities services that are adapted to the latest financial markets and regulatory trends: clearing services, custody and trustee services, retail custody services, liquidity management, fund administration and asset servicing, fund distribution and global issuer services.
SGSS is among the top ten global custodians and the 2nd largest European custodian with EUR 3,904 billion of assets under custody. SGSS provides custody & trustee services for 3,415* funds and the valuation of 4,113* funds, representing assets under administration of EUR 651* billion.
SGSS ranks among the European leaders in stock option management.
More information on securities services website: http://securities-services.societegenerale.com
*Figures at end September 2017