Societe Generale Securities Services
Societe Generale Securities Services is the company of Societe Generale Group specialized in the Securities Services.
Established in 27 locations worldwide with 4,000 employees, this activity has been present in Italy since September 2006 through a dedicated bank, firstly with the brand 2S Banca S.p.A. (born in January of the same year as a result of a spin-off of the UniCredit Group), and then as SGSS S.p.A. in January 2008.
Societe Generale Securities Services S.p.A. is an Italian bank and therefore subject to all the constraints and obligations asked by the Italian regulator to any other Italian bank. SGSS is ranked among the main players in the Securities Services sector. In Italy it offers its expertise to institutional investors (insurance companies, pension funds), asset managers, financial intermediaries (banks, investment companies).
With over 600 employees, based in the headquarters of Milan and Turin, it provides support to over 300 clients daily.
Recognized as one of the major players in the industry for the quality and competitiveness of its service, it focuses on long-term collaborative relationships, supporting the growth and development of its customers. In a global environment, complex and constantly evolving, Societe Generale Securities Services is strongly committed to providing efficient and reliable Securities Services solutions on a daily basis to ensure they get ahead.
Rankings, ratings and certifications
- For the 2nd consecutive year, SGSS S.p.A. has been awarded "Depositary Bank of the Year" in Italy during the Pensioni & Welfare Italia Awards 2016 promoted by European Pensions magazine. The 2016 edition of the Pensioni & Welfare Italia Awards, at their second occurance, has widened its field of action to promote the excellence both in the pension industry and in the insurance one.
- In the Global Custodian “Agent Banks in Major Markets” survey 2016, SGSS Italy has achieved "Top Local Scores" in 3 categories: Asset servicing, Ancillary Services and Value Delivered.
- In the Custody Risk European Awards 2015, SGSS S.p.A. was awarded as "Custodian of the Year for 2015".
The Custody Risk European Awards are recognized as the most prestigious in the securities services industry and identify the best companies in custody, fund administration and technology.
- In the "Fund Accounting and Administration Services Survey 2015", SGSS S.p.A. is the only Italian Bank which qualified for a rate.
- For 2016, through controls carried out by the external auditors Ernst & Young, SGSS S.p.A. has obtained ISAE 3402 TYPE II certification (International Standard on Assurance Engagement) for the compliance and efficiency of its internal control procedures for its Custody, Settlement, Depositary Bank, Local Paying Agent, Fund Administration services as well as for its Securities Data Management and Product Financial Solutions.
- The specialist in rating for custody and risk management judged the quality of SGSS S.p.A. services with rating A, which means a “Strong” capability of providing custody services.
SGSS S.p.A. is the first and only specialized bank in Italy to be analyzed by Thomas Murray concerning its custody and settlement services. (May 2013 Audit)
For more information: http://www.securities-services.societegenerale.com/it/