Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking is a key pillar of the Societe Generale Group’s universal banking model.
Supporting economic growth through finance
We help our clients create growth in economies, businesses and jobs. Our goal is to support them in accessing financing, diversifying their source of funding, and as a financial institution to contribute to an effective functioning of financial markets. Our teams act as intermediaries between the companies and states that need financing, and the investors looking for investment opportunities. This supports the entrepreneurial ecosystems that nurture growth sectors such as technology, infrastructure, communications and energy. We also provide investment solutions for pension funds, insurance companies and others that manage savings.
At Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB), nearly 11,0001 professionals in 39 countries connect entrepreneurs, large corporates, financial institutions, governments and investors with capital markets, and provide financing, investment and risk management solutions. Across Europe, the Middle-East & Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific, we are using skill, innovation and reach to tailor solutions for our clients.
Funding for Corporates, Financial Institutions and the Public Sector
Enhance your access to finance through bespoke global solutions that bring together expert advice and powerful distribution. Our services cover M&A, debt, equity, capital structure advisory, and asset & liability management. They are combined with high-quality debt and equity capital raising, optimised financing, and risk management specialising in foreign exchange and rates derivatives notably.
Opportunities for Investors
Strengthen your performance through market intelligence, trade ideas and risk management from our global markets platform. We deliver seamless access to all asset classes (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice, high-quality execution (both agency and principal), forward-looking research, an industry-leading clearing proposition and prime brokerage services.
We deliver worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance and global markets:
Achieve your goals thanks to our advisory, finance and risk management offer:
• Tailored solutions leveraging Societe Generale Group’s complete range of products
• Specialist advisory, M&A, equity capital markets and strategic transactions.
Optimise your funding costs through access to our specialist products and strategic advice:
• Capital raising solutions
• Structured finance
• Commodity, forex, inflation and interest rate hedging.
Gain a performance edge through our value added services and solutions:
• Cross Asset Research
• Investment and Risk management solutions
• Global Execution services
• Prime services
At the heart of economic flows between issuers and investors SG CIB ranks among the major players in each of its areas of activity. Click here to view SG CIB awards and rankings.
For more information, please visit our corporate web site: cib.societegenerale.com
1 Figures as of December 2016
Present in Italy since 1967, today the Italian branch of SG CIB has about 200 employees2. From its Milan and Rome offices, SG CIB offers value-added advisory and integrated solutions to financial institutions, the public sector and large enterprises.
In Italy, Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking is:
- a PIONEER in the Positive Impact Finance in Italy: SG CIB distributed in 2017 the first Positive Impact structured note and it played a leading role in all the main Green issues in our country (greed and social bonds)
- a LEADER in the Italian listed products market: Lyxor ETF (SG Group), has delivered a series of innovation as the PIR ETF and PIR ETF Bond; the first leveraged certificates on exchange rates and leveraged certificates linked to single stocks;
- a LEADER in smart indices and risk premia solutions;
- a PIONEER in the launch of the Corridors: Certificates linked to four different asset classes (stock indices, stocks, forex and commodities).
Awards & League Tables (2017):
- #1 on the Sedex by turnover (38% market share) and number of contracts (47% market share)3
- #1 in Leverage Certificates by turnover
- #2 in Covered Warrants in terms of turnover with more than 1,500 listed products
- #1 bank to issue Cash Collect Plus certificates
- #1 bank and the only one to issue leverage certificates on exchange rates