Alessandro Gumier was appointed on the 9th January 2017 as Head of Global Banking and Investor Solutions in Italy as well as Head of Coverage and Investment Banking in Italy.
Alessandro Gumier joins from Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Italy and has over 30 years of experience in the Italian Corporate and Investment banking industry. The strong expertise with which he has served corporate and financial institutions in Italy, his deep knowledge and understanding of the Italian market, will be major strengths to pursue the development of the bank’s activities in Italy.
Alessandro Gumier was previously Head of Global Corporate Banking Italy and Bank of America N.A. legal representative for Italy since 2009.
Alessandro Gumier started his career in 1985 as Credit Analyst at Standard Chartered Bank in Italy.
From1987 to 1998, he joined the Milan office of Citibank where he held various positions in global markets and headed Derivatives and Capital Markets distribution for Italy.
He then moved to Unicredit Banca Mobiliare (UBM) from 1998 to 2004 and became Deputy General Manager, Head of Investment Banking Division in 2001.
After two years as Board Advisor for CVC Capital Partner Italy, he joined Bank of America Merril Lynch in 2006 to head the Italian Global Investment Banking division.
Alessandro Gumier graduated from the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, in business and administration.
- 1992, served in the army with the Bersaglieri corps;
- 1993, marketing research Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.p.A.;
- 1994, customer service Ford Italia, Geometric Results Iberia (Ford Motor Company);
- 1995, spare parts marketing, then customer service area mgr. (after sales) for Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia, Ford Italia S.p.A.;
- 1996, DPI pan-European project leader Ford of Europe, Köln, then Service 2000 program coordinator Italy, Ford Italia S.p.A., Rome;
- 1997, area sales mgr. Tuscany;
- 1998, brand mgr. used vehicles & new media, Rome;
- 1999, brand mgr. Fiesta, Ka, Puma, Ford Italia S.p.A., then brand mgr. Europe for future products, Ford of Europe, Dunton/London;
- 2001, marketing mgr. DaimlerChrysler Italia S.p.A., Rome;
- 2004, sales mgr. Chrysler Group Division (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge);
- 2006, gen. mgr. Chrysler Group Division;
- 2007, chmn. and mng. dir. Chrysler Italia S.r.l.;
- 2010, sales and marketing mgr. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Italia S.p.A. (Daimler Italia S.p.A.);
- since 2011, mng. dir. ALD Automotive Italia (Société Générale Group), Rome
- 1986, scientific matric, Pontificio Istituto Pio IX, Rome;
- 1991, degree cum laude in economics, LUISS, Rome
Frédéric Barroyer had been Deputy Head of Societe Generale Securities Services S.p.A. in Italy since September 2014. He started his career with Fimat in Paris, part of the Societe Generale Group, in 1993 and was appointed Managing Director of Societe Generale Fimat Asset Management in Ireland in 1994. He joined Societe Generale Asset Management (SGAM) in Paris in February 1998 as Head of Financial Operations, becoming Chief Operating Officer of SGAM Japan in 2001, and was appointed Chief Executive Officer for the Asia Pacific region, excluding Japan, in 2005. In 2009, he joined SGSS as CEO and Country Head of SGSS Deutschland KAG in Germany.
Frédéric Barroyer has been Chief Executive Officer and Country Head of SGSS S.p.A. since July 2015.
Frédéric Barroyer is a graduate of the “Institut d’Etudes Politiques” and of the "Institut d'Administration des Entreprises" in Lyon.
He graduated at the University of Milan “Bocconi” in Finance & Business Administration, he began his career at Citibank Consumer Bank in 1983, where he held various roles in marketing, sales and finance. In 1999 he was appointed Managing Director of Citifin, the company's consumer credit group Citibank in Italy. Three years later he became Country Head for Citibank's worldwide consumer in Italy with the responsibility of the Division Credit Cards and Retail Banking. In 2005 he was appointed General Manager at Fortis Group, where he developed the business Retail & Wealth Management. In 2011 he joined the management of Fiditalia with the task of Joint General Manager and Deputy CEO and in 2013 he was appointed General Manager of Fiditalia. CEO of Fiditalia since September 2014.
Thierry THIBAULT was appointed in September 2012 General Manager and Legal Representative of the Italian branches of SOGECAP SA and SOGESSUR S.A.
The appointment in Italian follows a responsible position in the international project Solvabilité 2 in the line of the Société Générale Group Insurance.
In the group Société Générale since 1992, in the course of his professional career he has held various responsibilities in the field of informatics direction of the group. Since 1999, his career took an international slant, holding several important positions with the appointment as director of the company ALD Automotive in Austria, Croatia and Slovenia, and subsequently in the field of consumer credit in Croatia, Indonesia and Ukraine.
He graduated at"Institut National des Sciences Appliqués» Toulouse.